AUCKLAND 2040: Who we are
Auckland 2040 is a coalition of local apolitical groups passionately concerned about the long term implications of the Auckland Unitary Plan.
What we stand for
We want the Auckland Unitary Plan to balance intensification with infrastructure capability and urban character values.
We Stand For:
- Focusing intensification into localities well served by roading, infrastructure and public transport.
- Coordinated development with infrastructure capability
- Protection of character of residential neighbourhoods
- Meaningful community involvement in areas of planned intensification
- Random high density multi-story apartments haphazardly scattered throughout Auckland
- Poor planning and provision for infrastructure
- Inadequate community involvement and removal of residents' rights to oppose inappropriate developments
We continue to be actively involved in the Auckland Unitary Plan
Auckland 2040 wants the Unitary Plan to be based on sound planning principles and to recognise the importance of the character of our residential suburbs. We want Auckland to remain a great place to live.
If you would like to support our case you can make a deposit donation to the following account.
BNZ Takapuna 02 0272 0268983 000
Auckland 2040 Incorporated
or send a cheque to:
Auckland 2040 Incorporated, 7 Park Ave, Takapuna, Auckland 0622